Wednesday, February 27, 2013

For those cute, tiny, grimey hands!

Although I am not a mother, I have children in my house more than not these days!  I have the privilege of nannying some of the most amazing children as my job while in nursing school. The two families that I spend the most time with both have 3 year-old boys and have captured my entire heart. I have been a part of their lives since they were only 10 months old and it has been an amazing journey.  It didn't take us long to start acquiring everything that comes along with children in our own home.  Our guest bedroom always had bed rails on the bed, toys everywhere, diapers, bath time necessities, sippy cups and so on.  I may sound like I am complaining but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.  These boys are continually the highlight of my week and my life wouldn't be the same without them.

Our guest bedroom is now "their" room.  They refer to this room as theirs with their bed, their toys, their movies, their stuffed animals, and so on. We have three toy bins for them, a basketball goal on the closet door, a plethera of children's movies, and of course their bedtime stories all within the guest bedroom. This is always a great conversation piece for any adult guests we have to come stay in our guest bedroom :) With my little munchkins always running around and playing, they obviously get quite dirty as that is what little boys do best! They are also using the potty so we are constantly washing our hands between potty breaks and me being a germ freak. The boys LOVE their stool in the bathroom because it gets them closer to the sink but it still doesn't get them close enough; they can just barely get the tips of their fingers to touch the water with the stool helping them.

So, I took to Pinterest and instantly found the perfect FREE solution! Here are the items needed:
Any shampoo bottle will work!


Moms.. That is ALL you need!! Depending on your faucet shape you will have to cut accordingly for it  to stay on the faucet. Here is how I did mine:





I cut across the entire bottle where you see the arrows placed. Then, I simply cut a 'U' shape out of the remaining plastic making sure to leave an area uncut at the top to rest on the faucet. Lets take a look at the photo below to help you make sense of it...



Easy as that and you have your own faucet extender! I did sand down the pointy edges to make sure no one poked themselves as the edge can be somewhat sharp. The boys love it and think it is a "weally cool wata faw!" (Translated as a really cool water fall, duh.)

This was a simple project that was fun, easy, and totally worth it! And of course it takes care of those cute, tiny, grimey hands in your home-sweet-home.

Enjoy!

xoxo,
A




No comments:

Post a Comment