Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ahem.. Update!

Hi Nesters! It has been a hot minute since I have posted, I apologize for that.  But, I have been sick with what I like to call "the junk"and preparing for several nursing school tests while working as well. Needless to say, life has been a litttlllle jam packed! I just wanted to give y'all some updates while I am working on a post about some more recipes J and I have been indulging in.

I cannot contain my excitement. Seriously. Not that it takes a lot to make me giddy in the first place, but I haven't been this excited to travel in a while! J and I decided we need a little getaway for the two of us and we are going on a mini vacay to Asheville, NC in March for a couple days!  I know, I know... you thought I was going to be going to another country or something.  However, I have quite the reason to be ecstatic about this! And so the story goes..

As I was on the phone with my sister telling her how excited I was, she asked me a question, "Have you and Josh ever been on a trip together just the two of you??".  Now, many of you probably remember we just got married five months ago so we OBVIOUSLY must have gone on an amazing week long honeymoon. {Insert loud buzzer telling you are incorrect HERE.}  That's right, you heard me, we sadly didn't get to go on a long honeymoon and put our toes in the sand or drink fruity drinks with umbrellas in them.  Why, you ask? Well,  I had to head back to my hardest semester of nursing school a tad over 48hrs after our wedding day. Yep, you heard me (AGAIN), I had to go back to school almost immediately after our happily ever after.  Nursing school is a little different when it comes to attendance.  Unless you are hemorrhaging out of your eyeballs, you better be there. So, J and I took a small 24hr trip to the wonderful Waters Edge Inn on Folly Beach; but, Josh got sick. (Josh & Amy=0, Vacation Demons=1).  All of our other trips have either been with my family, his family, friends, etc etc. We have been together for almost 6 years and have not had a vacation where the ENTIRE stay was just the two of us! Hence, Nesters, my extreme enthusiasm for this trip!

We will be staying at Hotel Indigo which is a swanky little oasis of art and funky decor nestled in downtown Asheville.  Literally everywhere we want to go is under a mile away, and most of them not even half a mile.  We have researched the local restaurants, wine bars, breweries, bakeries, art galleries, and boutiques and have a list of places we want to go!  But what I am most looking forward to is having NO plans for three solid days. We can go here, we can go there, and it doesn't matter if we are "late" or "early" because no one will be waiting for us! Maybe I am just strange, but it sounds absolutely heavenly to me. Three solid days of just me and the hubs doing whatever the heck we want.

I will be writing a post all about the places we went and what we loved and/or hated to let you guys in on the best hidden treasures of Asheville.  For those of you that don't know Asheville for anything besides the Biltmore, it is such an eclectic little town full of art, local businesses, and gorgeous views; some strange, some awesome, and some in between. It's pretty much amazing.

Until then, I will be working on some new food posts and my first 2013 Pay It Forward handmade gift! I have it all planned out, just need to find some time to construct this beauty.  If you are wondering what my Pay It Forward gift is, it is simply a challenge for you to create 5 (or 6 in my case when you have two friends bickering over who should be the fifth slot!) Pay it Forward Gifts. They can be gift cards, a book, your favorite coffee, a handmade gift, or whatever you think that person would love! The catch is, you don't pick the recipients.  You simply make a FB status that you are doing the 2013 Pay It Forward Challenge and the first 5 people to comment on the status will be the lucky winners. Join in the fun and start the challenge!

With Nursing school back in full swing and working on the side, it will take me a tad longer to get posts out; but, I am hoping to put more into them when they are posted! I hope all of you are well and enjoying the month of February... where has the time gone?!?

xoxo,
A


No comments:

Post a Comment