Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh.My.YUM!

Nesters, this recipe is so good that I had to post it ASAP!! It all started last week when I was browsing through 'Whole Living' magazine for some healthilicious recipes. In my Frumpy Avenue - Breakfast Edition post, I mentioned smoothies. J and I love a good smoothie, especially after a long run. Y'all, that smoothie is my motivation some days... I think we have all been there at some point, right? Maybe?...moving on.

As I was browsing, I came across the Taj Mahal of smoothie recipes... Blueberry Mint. Doesn't that sound refreshing, healthy, and the slightest bit fancy?!? Well... It had a couple ingredients that I knew my good ole sensitive stomach wouldn't tolerate; so, I googled some alternative recipes with the same idea.

After thoroughly searching the web, I present to you our very own BBM smoothie recipe!

Blueberry Banana Mint Smoothie
1 banana
2 handfuls of blueberries
4-5 mint sprigs
2 handfuls of ice
2 heaping scoops of Vanilla Bean Cabots Greek Yogurt
1 cup of OJ

{Nester Tip: I know a lot of you Nesters are not the the biggest fan of bananas. Simply eliminate the item and add a little more yogurt, juice and blueberries! Simple fix, picky eaters!}

Simple ingredients with a not-so-simple taste!
Add more or less blueberries & mint depending on your  particular taste.
Add less banana and yogurt to make it less creamy and more icy.
It's all up to YOU!


Now, I think what you are thinking... blueberry, banana, and mint... "Sounds yuck" as my girlfriend put it.  Give it ONE chance and you will be pleasantly surprised! I promise.  We gave the recipe a little make-over and it turned out darn good.  The mint isn't overwhelming, the blueberry and banana mix better than you would ever dream of, and overall... It's just fabulous! This is my all time favorite smoothie of all the recipes we have tried and believe me, that's a lot!



It's simple, easy, and like I said... Darn good!!! Enjoy and happy healthy eating!


xoxo,
A


1 comment:

  1. Ok, I did say it sounds yuck... so next time I'm in town I want one from the creator :)

    ReplyDelete